Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bat your lashes darlin'

When we were younger, my sister and I would go through 'beauty phases.' I remember one phase in particular stuck for a while with us. False eyelashes. I think I was in beauty school at the time, and I was learning how to apply the individual lashes, and she was (gladly) my model. A few times. For weeks, actually. We would put them on her lids, and sort of make a game out of seeing how long she could wear them until they would start falling off. She did a good job of sleeping in such a way as not to disrupt them. I would wear them too, but I would use the strip ones on myself. It was easier that way. 

Fast forward to today. I still love to wear me some false lashes from time to time. So glamorous. Plus, they make your eyes just POP in a photograph. What could be better then fake eyelashes, right?  Wrong. I found the 'new thing.' 

Eyelash extensions

Crazy? Unheard of? Amazing!! Take a look:
My eyes before:
(don't mind the no makeup circles. Yikes!) 

And then, keep in mind, I did not add any makeup, and this was the same day as the previous picture:

Can you believe it? I still cannot. 

The process is absolutely painless. The initial visit takes about 2 hours for the installation. The esthetician carefully adheres each artificial lash to your own lash, using a glue adhesive. You have the choice of different size lashes, depending on how dramatic or natural you are wanting to go. 

About every 3 weeks you need to stop in for an hour appointment (or less) to get 'fills' on the lashes that need it. 

I do not need to wear mascara, nor do I ever curl them. They come pre-curled! I don't think it gets easier then this! 

Call my esthetician where I work, because right now she is running a special for $100 for initial visit, (50% off!!) until April 30th. 

You will LOVE them. I promise!! 


XoX


2 comments: