Monday, February 21, 2011

Sticker me up

I am a nail polish freak. You should honestly see the millions of colors I like to collect. Every time I go to the beauty supply house (which is quite frequently) I end up picking up at least one color I don't seem to have in my supply at home. I  have an overwhelming amount of pinks, so my new rule to myself is anything BUT pink for a while.

I have been following this new trend that all the stars are seeming to do. Minx nails. Its simply a custom sticker that is applied to your fingernail. Celebrities do anything from metallics, to their names, to their faces, to the president's face! 

Now, to go to a salon and get this done, can be quite pricey. So why doesn't someone come up with a DIY? Wait, they have! 

Sally Hansen to the rescue!! 


These are so easy to use. They come precut to fit a 'normal' nail, but are easy to trim down to fit specifically. They come 16 stickers per package, but when I did my full fingers, I only used 5 stickers. I cut each in half and used each side. 

You simply stick them on your nails, cover them with clear polish, and done! I have a UV lamp that I use for my Shellac nail system. When I use the stickers, I apply the Shellac top coat and bake it under the lamp. That way my stickers last about 2 weeks, just like the Shellac. Its awesome! I have seen people do some pretty creative things with these stickers. This is my first attempt. 

I looked at CVS and Wal-mart. Wal-mart is the cheapest, by quite a bit. $8.00

Stick on! 
XoX



3 comments:

  1. Oh I love these. So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a couple shots that show them off really well when you were doing Abby's hair and makeup for our photoshoot and was actually going to ask you about them. Super cute! Now I just want to know about this doing your own shellac...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about these in a mag and totally forgot and honestly was unsure how well they would work. They are so cute on your nails! I'll have to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete