Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shellac me!

If you have not heard of the new manicure add on service "Shellac" then you are not in the loop.

Until this magical product, I hated manicures. I would spend an hour and too much of my precious money to get my hands massaged, rubbed and filed, only to have my beautiful nail polish peel and flake off in 24 hours (if I was lucky.)

Well now, the wonderful makers of Shellac have made my day! This ingenious product is basically a nail polish that grows out, not flakes off. I wash peoples hair all day long, clean out color bowls, then come home and do dishes, and STILL my polish lasts AT LEAST 2 weeks! Its amazing I tell you.

It is applied as a nail polish, from a bottle with a brush. There is a base coat that is then "cured" under the ultra violet lamp, then 2 coats of polish color (each cured after applied) and then a top coat as well. It is dry in 2 minutes with no smudging, or chipping. It wears as a high gloss shine and is removed in minutes, not adding any damage to the nail. Not only is it used on the fingers, but can be used on the toes as well.

My manicurist has played enough with the product, that she has discovered how to add glitter on top of the polish, to add some funk. She also can do a 'french tip' using the product.

The colors are somewhat limited as of now, but my distributer has told me that in February (or so) new colors should be arriving.



Most salons are only charging $10.00 more as an add on to a normal manicure. (Mine is only $5 more, I believe.)

If you were hating your plain jane manicures as was I, then go get "Shellac" and see what its all about!

XoX

2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff!!! My manicure's are lasting 3 weeks without any chipping at all! The only reason I have to have it re-done is due to the nail growth.

    ReplyDelete