Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Beauty draws us with a single hair"- Alexander Pope

What's the new trends? What's the new styles? What cuts are in?

Honestly....who cares? It's the truth. Let me explain: Everyone's hair texture and type is different. Everyone's face shape is different. Everyone has a different "style." These are just a few of the things that need to be considered in making a choice for a new hairstyle for yourself.

That being said, just because everyone and their mother seems to be wearing the "Victoria Beckham" bob, doesn't mean you should run out there and be like Susie asap. I mean, have you seen Victoria's jaw line? (AMAZing) There are however, variations to every cut. Like look at this:


or this:


These are all variations of a "inverted bob" or "Victoria Beckham" cut. But notice, Kelly Clarkson has a rounder face, so the cut is modified for her face shape. Katie Holmes might have said she wanted to hide her forehead...so she added bangs, but still the same cut. 

There are different textures you have to consider as well. Like for instance if you have super curly hair, you most likely are not going to have straight across bangs, unless you desire to straighten them everyday. In my opinion, though, I love love love the inverted bob on someone with curly hair. It is one of those cuts that show off the style through the curls. 

So when you go to your stylist and ask "What's the new cut"? And She/he says "The mullet" please don't say "do it". Well all don't have a "Billy Ray" face. 

I do, however have a favorite cut I like to do right now..(if your style allows) LAYERS

So next time you go see your favorite stylist, cut out a picture of something you like, on someone with a similar face shape and similar hair texture. If it's not right for you, they will (or better) let you know. So be daring! 

Remember: A good cut and color allows your hair to do all the talking. 

XoX

3 comments:

  1. What the heck! I was just thinking to myself that I wanted the Billy Ray cut! Crap. Well there go my hair dreams. :)
    Seriously though, I love the layered cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. I always want short straight bob haircuts but you know what my hair is like, lol!! I love your blog. You give such great beauty secrets, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! That was a really good post :)

    ReplyDelete