Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rapunzel, Rapunzel. Let down your hair

Question: I thought I wanted short hair, and hacked all of my long hair off! Now I'm freaking out and want it long again!! Help!

Answer: Haven't we all done this at one time or another? Funny how familiar this sounds.

Heres the first tip: Keep it healthy! Get regular trims because dry ends will keep breaking, and your hair length will keep getting shorter! You do not know how many clients tell me "I'm trying to grow it out. Lets not cut this time (or next time, or next..)"  Well If you continue doing that, your hair WILL get shorter and shorter! Guarantee.

Also: Do deep conditioning treatments. I have spoke of this one in the past, and it still proves to be my favorite. In and out of the salon.

Stimulate hair growth: Seriously? Yes, I'm serious. Brushing it 100 times a day seems a bit extreme, but the more the hair follicle is stimulated, the greater your chance of your hair growing quicker.

Eat well: You are what you eat. You have no idea how true that statement is! I have had people who do drugs and smoke, sit in my chair. And I can tell. Those are extreme cases where its a obvious vitamin problem, but if you feel like you are doing EVERYTHING and your hair still is not growing, look at what you are eating. Look at the (lack of) multivitamins you are ingesting. Try looking up Biotin. It is a popular supplement for the growth of hair and nails.

Love your hair: Embrace the length it is at now. Don't be so negative about it, and look for new ways to style it. Your stylist should be willing to help you out with this.

Try all of these things and hopefully your hair will be as long as you wanted it to be. If not, then just come to me and we can put extensions in! :)

XoX

No comments:

Post a Comment