Monday, October 25, 2010

Husbands favorite.

I always like to think of myself as a creative person, a creative mind if you will. And especially in the kitchen , when it comes to cooking (duh! get your mind out of the gutter). With my husbands new diagnosis of food allergies, I believe I mentioned a few posts earlier, I have had to become especially creative.

One of his favorite foods is breaded zucchini, homemade. Well that involves eggs, one of the foods he is in fact allergic too! grrr. Well I came up with the genius idea to use milk instead of the eggs! (which he can have by the way) I was quite proud of myself, considering the fact that I was in the middle of preparing this exciting meal for him, already having mentioned it to him, and lightbulb on the head, realized he cannot have stinkn eggs! (double grrr) 

So I used gluten free flour seasoned with salt and pepper, milk (lactose free) soy would probably work well too, and gluten free breadcrumbs also seasoned with salt and pepper. My layout looked something like this:

I then fried them in olive oil and let me tell you they were delic! 
Now only if I can find a way to make homemade ranch dressing without using the packaged dressing mix......


XoX


2 comments: