Sunday, October 24, 2010

Photo shoot!

So I am back, once again! And so much to catch you all up on.

This past weekend we had an exciting event at the salon I work at. We decided to put together a photo shoot. We threw around some creative ideas and decided to do a 'Lady Gaga look-a-like' contest. Since everyone and their mothers know who Lady Gaga is, and she has so many looks to her, we thought it would be fun...and fun it was!

So that picture I posted a bit ago has to do with this. Now we each had a model and we could not use hair extensions or hair pieces of any kind. Other then that we had free creative reign to design whatever we wanted. Now to most people that seems pretty easy. But to me, that created a problem. You see, I have so many wacky ideas in my head, that it was extremely hard for me to pick one consistent theme/idea and stick with it. I had to keep telling myself that less is more, although Lady Gaga is a "more is more" kind of person.

I spent hours and hours googling and researching fun ideas and creative designs, and finally came up with something like this...a hair tutu skirt with a glitter tulle train. A feather bra top. Lace makeup. Now with all of that in my head I had to make this work with my model, and make the audience fall in love with it, because after all it was a competition.

So after all the hard work, the standing for hours curling the hair, applying the makeup and 'trimming the hair skirt' this is what the final outcome looked like:


Ta-Da!! Here is my lovely finished project. 
Once the photographer has the pictures done I will be sure to post those. She has some amazing ideas. You have to take a look at her site HERE. She is one talented person. 

So after all the makeup was done, and all the hair, and the outfit was put together and "Kady Kinetic" finished her photos we sent the girls on over to the restaurant next door. There over 100 people voted on the girls in these categories:
Best outfit

Best makeup

Best hair

Best overall

My model was voted as "best makeup" which, surprisingly, was the easiest and fastest part of the whole process! 

Anyways..there is my busy crazy weekend. I hope you all enjoy the photos and once the photographer finishes up hers, Ill post those as well! 


XoX


(another couple bonus photos)



1 comment: